Beer & food get popping
BrewDog explores overlooked ground with popcorn pairings
There’s still new ground to be covered in the ever-expanding world of beer and food matching. Consider the latest excitement from irrepressible Scottish craft brewer BrewDog, which has paired each of its five core beers with popcorn flavours.
Working with gourmet popcorn maker Joe & Steph, complementary beer and popcorn pairings have been devised:
* BrewDog Punk IPA with Joe & Steph’s Madras Curry with Lime & Black Onion Seeds popcorn
* Five AM Red Ale with Caramel, Pepper & Chilli popcorn
* This.Is.Lager. paired with Cheddar Cheese & Smoked Paprika popcorn
* Brixton Porter with Smooth Caramel & Espresso popcorn
* Dead Pony Pale Ale with Goat’s Cheese & Black Pepper popcorn
“Our mission is to make people as passionate about craft beer as we are, by pushing the boundaries of what beer can be and constantly experimenting with flavour,” said BrewDog co-founder James Watt. “This collaboration is a natural next step in our quest to elevate beer’s cultural profile, showcase its versatility and promote its ability to complement a wide range of food, whether it be beef jerky, burgers or popcorn.”
The popcorn is now being sold through all 18 UK BrewDog bars and from BrewDog’s online shop, with detailed tasting notes available on the popcorn’s limited edition packaging.